Sunday, February 17, 2013

Using Social Media to Get Connected


 

 
 

I am personally use social media every day. Mostly facebook, but I am just now starting to get into twitter. I keep facebook as a social means for me, to connect with distant family, and friends. Although I do use it for a little networking, I try to like and friend many of the childcare agency’s in my area. I am just starting to use twitter, I was unsure about it at first, but now I use it to network and advocate. I often “retweet” issues that I view important in child education. That is a nice feature of twitter, and a great way to advocate using social media.

On twitter I follow many different organizations and influential people in the early childhood field. Many of the organizations that I follow are actually really outspoken on twitter, and post constantly. They also post about some of the main issues right now in early childhood education and ask people for their own thoughts on these issues. I like that they do this, because it allows others to see the issue from a different perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Anna,
    I found out that twitter is a great way to contact more people socially or for business. Twitter also enables people to create bonds, friendship, and build brands that enable people to know the type of person you are. Thanks for pointing out to me that twitter is better for an advocate who wants organizations to be aware of the cause she is interested in working with or advocating for.

    ReplyDelete