Sunday, February 10, 2013

Advocacy Message


 

I went to the Ad Councils website watched a bunch of different ads. I connected the most with the ads that made me feel something, and honestly made me a little emotional. This ad on bully made me tear up. As a new mother I am terrified of my son starting school, I am most afraid of this happening to him. What I like about this ad is how it displays the message of teaching you children to help someone who is getting bullied. I want to instill this in my son.


I also liked this ad on childhood obesity, there is a bunch of different ads in this series.  They are actually really cute, and funny. I think that children would enjoy these ads as well as parents.  Childhood obesity it a major issue right now, and we need to encourage children to eat healthy and be active.


The last ad that I chose was one on early learning. I love this ad, because as an ECE teacher and mother I can relate to this.


Some children do not have the opportunity to learn like this, so it is important to raise awareness.

2 comments:

  1. I aplaced to stopm a big fan of advocating for childhood obesity.I think that the media puts to much emphasis on junk food to catch children's eye.If you notice the media contradicts itself,It makes young girls want to stop eating and then it makes little ones want to eat unhealthy.In my opinion there should be laws in place to stop alluring children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anna,

    Parents need to know the danger of childhood obesity in order to take precaution and prevent their children from eating unhealthy food that will affect their bodies negatively. It is good that this message is reaching every household.

    ReplyDelete