Thursday, April 25, 2013



I have learned so much over the last 8 weeks that has made me more capable of having a successful career as an early childhood education professional. I have learned how to form a confident and capable community of practice. I also was able to pinpoint a challenge that I want to take on in this field, and through this course I was able to really understand this issue. I also learned the steps that it would take to take action against my challenge. This really put things into perspective for me, because I was able to explain exactly how I would accomplish my goals. 

My long term goal is to do my best to be advocate for the early childhood community. I have a passion to help people, and I want to help children who are not getting the support they need. I also want to either open my own center or run a childcare center. I am finally ready to start my career in this field, and I am confident that I can accomplish these goals. 


To my fellow Colleagues,

I wish you all the best of luck in whatever you do. One of my favorite books is by Dr. Seuss and it is a great book to read when you are ending one journey in your life and looking into the future. 
I hope you all find your niche in your career, and do great things. We know that we are capable of making a difference in the early childhood community, we proved this through our dedication to completing our Masters.  Lets take a moment to recognize what we accomplished and give a sigh of relief because WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

Anna Castiglia
Albany NY
email:acastiglia33@gmail.com, find me on facebook, twitter and linked in. reach out to me if you ever need anything :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Anna

    Of course, thank you for everything and good luck! I wish you the best in your career and I know that you will have a major impact on this field.

    Tamieka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anna,
    My journey at Walden has been like a storm that came to me and I do not know how to deal with this storm. I came across people of like minds, that were inspiring and supportive of the path I want to take in life, I want to say no matter what life throws at you, make sure you put yourself around people that will inspire you. We all have something that we are going through at one point or the other. “Everyone comes with baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack”.

    ReplyDelete